Friday, March 13, 2009

Dare To Take Challenges?

 
Thought of posting what I did last year.Some maybe have seen this decorated cupcakes, I made for Mr Hubby 's brother's daughter's engagement gift( to be given to the guy's side). So considered my niece lah...well for information actually this niece(final contestant for Miss Universe/Singapore forgot which year) is engaged to the national footballer, cant remember his full name, but it sound like 'Amri', who just won some award think some sports award... Anyway her mother, who is my sis-in -law, 'arrowed' me to do this cupcakes when she heard that I took some class in baking... I was a bit like'no confidence' in taking the task..wah lau!..thought to myself...don't play- play this is no joke business....sekali salah..how? My 'image' will be ruined, and of course theirs too. Then after their persuasion, and thought for a while, maybe this the time to show my 'skill'...I accepted the challenge.
For one month, I had sleepless night thinking and worrying about the cupcakes..when I asked my niece, what colour scheme she's having, she said black & white. She said she has some ideas of what she wanted, and suggested me to go to this website that do wedding cupcakes... wah stresslah... some more she specifically (did I spell correctly) wanted this particular cupcakes.. anyway thank god..all went well. I made it..

Then the other day, my sis-in-law wanted to 'arrow' me again!!! This time she wants me to decorate the bride's room(bilik pengantin) cause the wedding will take place in October. Wah this one lagi big time...I straight away hinted to her...that my designing skill already gave back to teacher...hehehhe.. I just don't know why when people asked me to design their houses, I just feel reluctant.. maybe because each person has their own 'preference'...and I don't want to changed that...more over, although I was trained in Interior design, but my experience was more to exhibition..? that design structures and a smaller scale of 'architecture'?(outside of space) where as for interior you have to be very particular in details...(inside a space)...

The other day, an ex-colleague  called me up asking me whether I do freelance... aiyoh..I told him, freelance with my kids enough already.... with Marsya around definitely cant meet the dateline one...! I also told him, that I dont have the software...imagine after 2 years didn't get to design.. what will happen? Its like when you are learning to cycle after a long time break...although you had the experienced last time...

Hai, sometimes I thought why cant I be more daring in doing things...? Dare to take challenges and be somebody.......

No comments: