Friday, August 21, 2009

Nutella Cake


When I saw this recipe in Nigella website, I was tempted cause of the outlook and colour(CHOCOLATE) hehe... straight away decided to make this..looking at the ingredients all available at home.. then after I whisk the eggs, I realised this recipe did not require any flour and sugar!!!..ish!!!..I told myself..biar betul..how the cake going to stand without flour?..hehe(almaklum statement orang yg kurang basic kot?)..

Ah!! just trylah..as I go along, I kept on saying to myself..'better jadi, kalau tak habis 1 jar of nutella gone and my 6 eggs wasted ..put in the oven . tawakal aje lah..hehehe..when the cake rises..and I brought out to let it cool..took some pictures and cut it, ALHAMDULLILAH, jadi jugak my cake ni..hehe..i just cant imagine how the cake can stand without flour and sugar..anyway the cake taste very moist and soft...the sweetness came from the Nutella..it is suitable for desserts.

Ingredients:-(Serve 8)
FOR THE CAKE:
6 large eggs, separated
pinch of salt
125g soft unsalted butter
400g Nutella (1 large jar)
1 tablespoon water
100g ground hazelnuts
100g dark chocolate, melted
23cm Springform tin, greased and lined( I used a 7" springform tin)

FOR THE ICING:
100g hazelnuts (peeled weight)
125ml double cream ( I used whip cream)
1 tablespoon water
125g dark chocolate


Method:-


1.Preheat the oven to 180ÂșC/gas mark 4.
2.In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites and salt until stiff but not dry. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and Nutella together, and then add the water, egg yolks and ground hazelnuts. Fold in the cooled, melted chocolate, then lighten the mixture with a large dollop of egg white, which you can beat in as roughly as you want, before gently folding the rest of them in a third at a time. Pour into the prepared tin and cook for 40 minutes or until the cake’s beginning to come away at the sides, then let cool on a rack.
3.Toast the hazelnuts in a dry frying pan until the aroma wafts upwards and the nuts are golden-brown in parts: keep shaking the pan so that they don’t burn on one side and stay too pallid on others. Transfer to a plate and let cool. This is imperative: if they go on the ganache while hot, it’ll turn oily. (Believe me, I speak from experience.)-(This was from Nigella and not me)
4.
In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, add the cream, liqueur or water and chopped chocolate, and heat gently. Once the chocolate’s melted, take the pan off the heat and whisk until it reaches the right consistency to ice the top of the cake. Unmould the cooled cake carefully, leaving it on the base as it will be too difficult to get such a damp cake off in one piece. Ice the top with the chocolate icing, and dot thickly with the whole, toasted hazelnuts.
Sources :-From Nigella

3 comments:

kucingorengemok said...

sugar dah ada dlm nutella, flour ada dlm, ermm, err... (si tak-tau-basic nak ngajar another tak-tau-basic, hihi). looks devilishly delicious, though!

Anonymous said...

Adusss.. sedapnye kek nutella!!! sgt moist nampak tuh...

Ayu said...

Kucingorengemok -sugar dah ada dalam nutella, flour dah digantikan ground hazelnut tu kot?..hehhe..orang yang tak-tau-basic
meng AGAK2 AJE ni..hehe

blogresipi - memang moist and soft, Ijan..haha