Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chocolate Muffins


Oh I forgot to upload this muffins, the other day...made for the makan makan lah..ever made this before quite sometimes ago...I made triple amount cause 1 amount only 8 pieces...

If you guys want to know, there was a misadventure when I did this on Saturday night....started to 'godeh'2(prepare and mix) around 12am, when everybody has sound a sleep...mixed, double boiled as usual, add flour and stir well... preheat oven, arranged the muffin cups and scoop mixture into it..filled up to 3/4 cup..ready to put in oven..15 minutes later mixture rose up to the tip and slowly overflow 'melambak'2 ...huhuhu..

Alamak!!!!I screamed softly...(or else the entire people will be awaken)... I keep pulling my hair and swearing myself in the heart..I should have just filled HALF the muffin cups only!!!..I forgot lah!!!!!!..the last time I did was just nice!!!...this time, 20 cups mixture rose up but sink again in the middle!!!(should have taken the pictures).. I was disappointed with myself..the taste was there, but because of the outlook...I THROW!!!! everything into Mr Bin (tong sampah)..left with 8 cups which was outside..I baked again this time OK,..2 am, I godeh2 again..this time filled up only half..oklah..I said to myself...slept at 4 am..

The below picture was decorated by Mr Hubby, I was busy in the kitchen, he took his own initiatives by making 'initials' of his siblings names and paste it on a toothpick and poke it on my muffins (since his siblings are coming)... I quietly took out the 'decorative toothpicks' after some of the guest thought that the muffins are just for posing only..hehehe, baru jalan my muffins tu..(kalau tak orang ingat for display aje)..

Ingredients:-
200g cooking chocolate
70g butter
2 eggs
50g Castor sugar
60g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder

Method:-
Melt chocolate using double boiler method. Add in butter.Stir till butter melt.
Preheat oven 170c. In another bowl add eggs and sugar. Beat with mixer . Add eggs to chocolate mixture. Stir well.
Sift flour and baking powder into chocolate mixture. Stir again. Scoop mixture into cups fill up till 1/2 full.( I added chocolate chips on top) .Bake for 20 minutes. (Beware do not fill too much as the mixture will rise!)

After baking, maybe the muffin will be slightly soft(cause little usage of flour) but when its cooled it will be hardened by itself. So if after 20 minutes still soft don't have to bake again.
Sources:-From yani@myr.com

No comments: