Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Karipap Pusing



While most of my friends blogger, were busy making cookies...I busied, myself by making this for iftar!!!...huhuhu...this time I made the curry puff or epok epok in round shape instead of the normal way..reasons not because I want to, but circumstances lead to it!!!heheh..I made the dough a bit small and it cant be fold into two...(eeee grrr geram ni, mesti ada aja salah tau)...so I've decided to just make it this way as it is easier to 'kelim' the edges..

I made the filling right after we came back from my brother-in-law house.. the potatoes filling and sardine fillings. I realised I should reduced the 'margarine dough' to slightly 50g-60g cause the dough ended up a bit too crispy and 'brittle'...steps for making this is here...

Ingredients for oil base dough:-
300g plain flour
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup warm water
a pinch of salt

Add salt in flour. Pour in the oil and mix well with the end of your fingers. Bit by bit add in water and continue to knead till dough is not sticky.

Ingredients for margarine dough:-
150g plain flour
100g margarine- please add bit by bit till dough is not sticky to the hands.(maybe should reduce this to 50g-60g) cause I felt the margarine dough is a bit too much for the 300g oil base dough making the dough too crispy and brittle..

Ingredients for Potatoes Filling:-
2 sweet potatoes peeled and diced ( I used 3 potatoes)
1 big onion minced
2 garlics minced
a handful of dried shrimp, soaked and minced(can also use fresh prawns)
3 tbsp curry powder
1 sprig curry leaves
salt and sugar to taste
Chinese celery and spring onions to estimate slice thinly

Saute onions, garlics and add in curry powder and add in some water to prevent from burning. Add in shrimp, saute a little longer and add in sweet potatoes. Add in water till the sweet potatoes sink in. Cook till soft and add salt and sugar to taste. Add in Chinese celery and spring onions and stir well. Turn off heat and let cool.
Sources:-From Rinnchan's fotopages.

Ingredients for Sardine fillings:-(My version)
1 can medium size sardine -(take only the fishes and mashed + add 2 lime juice
and mix and put aside)
2 garlics chopped finely
1 big onions diced
1 red chili chopped finely
1 tbsp chili sauce
a pinch of salt

Method:-
Heat a little oil in a wok. Saute onions , garlics and red chillies till soft. Add in mashed sardine and chili sauce. Stir well. Add a pinch of salt , stir well and turn off heat. Ready

No comments: