Monday, May 18, 2009

Kupang Serai (Lemon grass Mussels)


My favourite dish.. eat this with plate of warm rice pun ok lah..very nice, for me... base on the recipe, you can substitute the mussels to prawns, chicken or fish roe...

Ingredients:-
1 cup of boiled mussels
6 lemongrass slice thinly( I used just 2 and I blended)
*3 cloves garlic
*5 shallots
*10 birds eys chilies(can add more if want hotter)
*1 inch fresh turmeric root
1/4 cup tarmarind juice
1 cup coconut milk
*1 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp oil for frying
2 turmeric leaf sliced finely
2 kaffir leaves sliced thinly

Method:-
Pound ingredients 3, 4, 5, 6 and 9 (me I just blended).
Heat oil and saute blended ingredients and fry till oil goes up the surface.
Add in all the ingredients except sugar and turmeric leaves.
Cooked till fragrant and stir well.
Add in sugar and turmeric leaves and stir till the leaves soft.
Turn off heat and ready to be served


Sources :- From Resipi.net

No comments: