Friday, July 17, 2009

Pratha Curry Puff


This was actually requested by Mr Hubby yesterday, for breakfast this morning...for the first time he requested a savoury snack for breakfast..which normally he prefers the sweet stuff ....yalah, everyday breakfast with sweet stuff also can be unhealthy right...so I gladly made this cause that was also my favourites...Had this recipe quite sometimes ago..before I started to blog I visited CMG's blog almost everyday...so what ever recipes that I like, I will print out and compile them in my library..so halal ya Che Mat..

Ingredients:-
5-6 instant prata (any brand)
1 egg yolk

Ingredients for filling:-
2 potatoes peeled and diced
3-4 button mushroom diced(I used the canned ones)
1/2 cup beef/chicken cut small*(I boiled first)
1/2 tsp black pepper powder * (*mixed and leave it for 10 minutes)
1/2 cup milk/coconut milk
2 tsp meat curry powder
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp sugar
1 big onion diced
2 cloves of garlics sliced thinly
1 inch ginger minced
(I added, a little bit of salt and MSG to taste)

Method:-
For Filling:- Heat 2 tbsp of oil, saute ginger and garlics till fragrant, and add in mushrooms and stir well. Add in onions and curry powder. Stir well.
Add in beef and some water, and let it a while till cook then add in potatoes and milk. When boiled, add in sugar and light soy sauce.Cook till the potatoes has soften and the mixture has almost thicken but moist.

For Prata Puff:- Take 1 piece of instant prata, cut to half. Fill in the filling on one end and fold.It will become a triangle shape. Press the open ends with a fork and transfer to a tray which has been greased with some butter. Do it till finish and brush surface with egg yolk and bake at 175C degrees, for 20-25 minutes. Yields about 10-12 puff depends on how much filling you can put in.
Sources:- From Che Mat Gebu'Dapur Tanpa Sempadan'

No comments: