Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sotong Goreng Tom Yam

My family likes to eat squids..especially Hasif...normally when I go marketing, I will buy at least 2 kg of squids... tried this recipe pulak this time...comments given by the rest... GOOD!

Ingredients:-

5-6 medium size squids
1 large onion sliced
1 inch ginger sliced
5 garlics sliced
3 lemon grass crushed (I used 2)
kaffir leaves
bird eyes chillies crushed
oyster sauce- (I added abt 1 tbsp)
turmeric powder
salt and MSG to taste
1 cube tom yam stock ( I added myself)
carrots sliced (optional- I added myself)
tomato cut wedges (optional-I added myself)

Method:-
Clean and wash squids and cut to preference. Marinate with salt and turmeric powder. Heat oil in wok and saute sliced ingredients, tom yam paste and lemon grass till soft and fragrant. Add in squids and stir well. Cover pan with lid and reduce the heat. After 3 minutes, stir again. Add in kaffir leaves, bird eyes chillies and oyster sauce. Stir again. When squids appeared to be cooked. turn off heat. Ready
Sources:- From ekhfa@myresipi.com

No comments: